Ingredients (makes three kielbasa splits):
- One 14 oz. package of turkey kielbasa
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 8-oz. can of pineapple tid1bits
- Baked ridgey potato chips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 grape tomatoes
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Remove it from the heat and leave it uncovered to cool off.
- Cut the kielbasa into three equal pieces, then cut each piece lengthwise. Place all six pieces on a hot grill and cook them until they’re heated through and they have nice grill marks. (Turn them once so they get nice grill marks on both sides.)
- Make the pink sauce. In a small bowl, mix the ketchup with the mayo. Put the mixture into a Ziploc bag and cut a tiny piece off the corner of the bag, for piping.
- Put it together. Place two pieces of sausage into each banana split dish. With your hands (and an ice cream scoop if you like), mold the rice into balls that are about the size of a scoop of ice cream. Place two of these into each dish, between the kielbasa pieces.
- Sprinkle some pineapple pieces on top of the rice and kielbasa.
- Drizzle some pink sauce over that by gently squeezing the Ziploc bag.
- Crumble two or three potato chips over each dish, and place a grape tomato on top like a cherry. Voila! Serve immediately, so it won’t get cold.