I love the Frantic Home Cook. I don’t always love salmon. But this salmon is the best I’ve ever made. I grabbed it here. I’m copying it below just, you know, in case it ever goes anywhere. Because it’s very important to me.
- 4 medium-sized salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- An orange
- Season some salmon and saute it in a pan until it’s browned and opaque. Remove the salmon from the pan and keep it warm.
- In the empty pan, add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic, and use it to deglaze the pan.
- Zest and juice the orange, and stir in both.
- Reduce the mixture over medium-low heat until it’s thick enough to coat a spoon, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the glaze over the salmon and serve hot.
I don’t always bother with the salt, and I sometimes use pure bottled OJ from the fridge instead of a fresh orange. Oh, and in all the time you save by preparing such a quick and easy delicious main dish, why don’t you go ahead and saute some fresh green beans with olive oil, lemon juice, and sliced almonds? Because that is another delicious recipe from Francie, and it’s also so simple it almost hurts, and Francie is right — it’s perfect with this salmon.