I freakin’ love potatoes.
Seriously. If there’s such a thing as a starch coma, then I’m pretty damn lucky I’ve never been in one. Not that that’s going to stop me from continuing to tempt fate in the future, because what a heavenly coma that would be.
Here, I’ve rounded up nine potato recipes that have been on my mind lately. The more ambitious ones, I might just have to enjoy through the beautiful pictures, but if anybody wants to make some and bring them over, I’d be happy to help you eat them up.
- Oven-dried potato chips from Mama Chronicles
You can make this recipe with apples, too. What a great snack.
- Irish Colcannon from The Comfort is Always Here
Fanced-up mashed potatoes with greens in!
- Ad Hoc Potato Pavé from Momofuku
Complicated recipe, but I’d love to try it. Plus, they have another recipe where you take these and stick them inside dough-bombs with cheese coming out, so sign me up.
- Curry Korokke from Rainy Days and Sundays
I’m cautious when it comes to curry. Don’t these look delicious and crispy, though?
- Crispy potato skins from Le Petit Brioche
Somehow, these look way better than your average potato skin.
- Fish and potato balls with black sesame, capers and sun dried tomatoes from Un Dejeuner De Soleil
This page is in French and Italian, but the link above will take you to the Google Translate version in English. The recipe looks followable, so it probably won’t lead to any cup-of-hot-fat mistranslation hijinks a la Pierre Escargot.
- Potato and Cauliflower Hash with Mozzarella topped with Baked Eggs from Fork Spoon Knife
How pretty! I would totally eat that breakfast. (Hold the ham.)
- Pomme Duchesse from Pham Fatale
Triple points for a sense of humor. But these do sound amazing to eat.
- Smoked Salmon Stuffed with Potato Salad from The Daily Spud
I think I would get to like smoked salmon a whole lot more if I got to have it like this.