Makes two 8.5″ x 4.5″ x 2.5″ loaves or one standard bundt cake
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. With mixer on low, add flour and salt in two additions, beating until just combined.
- Generously coat pan(s) with cooking spray; immediately pour in batter (pan will seem full). Tap pans on work surface to eliminate any large air bubbles.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, 60 to 75 minutes for loaves, 90 minutes for a bundt. (If the tops begin to brown too quickly, tent with aluminum foi.l
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Turn out the cakes; cool completely, with top sides up, on a wire rack.