Easy Yellow Rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper (it’s okay to substitute the jarred kind)
- 1 packet of Sazón (from Goya, “con culantro y achiote”)
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the onions and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and saute, stirring near-constantly, for another 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Be careful not to brown the garlic. You may need to further reduce the heat to prevent this from happening, depending on your stove.
- Add spices (including sazon).
- Stir in the uncooked rice. Add chicken broth, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20–30 minutes, or until rice is tender.